KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF 99mTc-TRODAT-1 INJECTION
TRODAT radiopharmaceutical kit after labeling with Tc-99m is used for imaging, diagnosis and staging of Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a common progressive neurological disorder (after Alzheimer’s) caused by neurodegeneration. The most common symptoms are tremors, slowness of movement and muscle stiffness. Parkinson’s mainly affects dopamine-producing neurons in a specific area of the brain. Dopamine plays an important role in regulating body movement.
The Tc-99m-TRODAT radiopharmaceutical binds intelligently and selectively to dopamine transporters in the brain, and this is useful for assessing the loss of dopamine neurons in Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases.
- Add 0.5 mL 0.9% saline in an evacuated vial, and allow the mixture to preincubate for 5 min.
- Add aseptically sterile and non-pyrogenic solution of 99mTcO4– (10 – 40 mCi) in 0.5 mL saline.
- Shake the contents of the vial slowly for a few seconds.
- Heat the vial for 30 minutes at 95 °C.
- Wait 30 minutes for cooling to room temperature.
- The reconstituted solution is stable for 6 hrs.
- Store the kit – 20 °C, keep away from light and humidit
- Store the reconstituted kit 15 – 25 °C