KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF PENTEATE (Sn) Tc-99m INJECTION
DTPA (Diethylene-triamine-pentaacetate) as a radiopharmaceutical kit, after being labeled with Tc-99m, is used in renal imaging and primarily used to measure the glomerular filtration rate (GFR).
Other applications of Tc-99m DTPA include blood flow studies (brain, heart, extremities), cerebrospinal fluid circulation studies, studies of transport in the
gastrointestinal tract with labelled drinks and foods.
- Injection sterile 99mTc (up to 300 mCi) aseptically into the vial in a volume of 2-5 mL
- Dissolve the lyophilized material by shaking the vial for 10 seconds and wait for 15 minutes.
- Examine the radiochemical purity (RCP).
- Labelled preparation is to be used within 6 hrs. Within this period the total RCP of 99mTc-DTPA should be more than 95.0%.
- Store the kit at 2 – 8 °C and protect from light
- Store the reconstituted kit at 15 – 25 °C