KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF 99mTc-TYROSINE-OCTREOTATE INJECTION
This radiopharmaceutical kit is used after labeling with Tc-99m as a diagnostic agent for localization, staging and treatment follow-up of neuroendocrine tumors.
Octreotate is a peptide (a small protein) which binds to somatostatin receptors on the cell surface of certain cancers, known collectively as neuroendocrine tumors.
- Add 0.5 mL 0.9% saline in an evacuated vial, and allow the mixture to preincubate for 5 min.
- Add aseptically sterile and non-pyrogenic solution of 99mTcO4– (10 – 40 mCi) in 0.5 mL saline.
- Shake the contents of the vial slowly for a few seconds.
- Heat the vial for 10 minutes at 95 °C.
- Wait 10 minutes for cooling to room temperature.
- The reconstituted solution is stable for 6 hrs.
- Store the kit – 20 °C, keep away from light and humidity
- Store the reconstituted kit 15 – 25 °C
You must be logged in to post a comment.