KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF PENTEATE (Sn) Tc- 99mTc-UBIQUICIDINE INJECTION
This kit is a peptide radiopharmaceutical kit, and after labeling with Tc-99m, it is used for imaging and diagnosis of infections.
The ability to differentiate infection from sterile inflammation and microbial or bacterial infections is the main application of the HYNIC-UBI radiopharmaceutical kit.
Infection is the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in developing countries and almost the entire world, and it is difficult to distinguish between bacterial infections and sterile inflammations clinically.
Ubiquicidin is a synthetic, cationic peptide molecule that binds specifically to the bacterial cell wall at the place of anionic infections, and makes the diagnosis of infections possible.
For example, in prosthetic bones, where infection can be difficult and sometimes impossible to diagnose by scanning the bone, also for patients who are suffering from long-term fevers of unknown origin, this radiopharmaceutical kit can be used.
- Add 0.5 mL 0.9% saline in an evacuated vial, and allow the mixture to preincubate for 5 min.
- Add aseptically sterile and non-pyrogenic solution of 99mTcO4– (10 – 40 mCi) in 0.5 mL saline.
- Shake the contents of the vial slowly for a few seconds.
- heating the vial for 10 minutes at 95 °C.
- Wait 10 minutes for cooling to room temperature.
- The reconstituted solution is stable for 6 hrs.
- Store the kit – 20 °C, keep away from light and humidity
- Store the reconstituted kit 15 – 25 °C