KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF PHYTATE (Sn)99mTc INJECTION
Phytate Colloid Kit, This radiopharmaceutical kit is used as a diagnostic agent for liver and spleen scans after labeling with Tc-99m. In a liver / spleen scan, a radioactive tracer – Tc-99m phytate – is injected intravenously to determine the anatomy and functioning of the liver and spleen and their abnormalities. In addition, It is used in the study of some diseases such as hepatic space-occupying lesions (tumors, metastases and Focal nodular hyperplasia) and also for the study of the severity and complications of liver cirrhosis.
- Inject sterile 99mTc (up to 100mCi) aseptically into the vial in a volume of 3-6 mL.
- Dissolve the lyophilized material by shaking the vial for 10 seconds. Wait for 15 minutes.
- Examine the radiochemical purity(RCP)
- Labelled preparation is to be use within 6 hrs. Within this period the total RCP of 99mTc-phytate should be more than 95.0%.
- Store the kit at 2 – 8 °C
- Store the reconstituted kit at 15 – 25 °C