KIT FOR THE PREPARTION OF SestaMIBI Tc-99m INJECTION
MIBI radiopharmaceutical kit, after being labeled with technetium-99m, is used as a diagnostic radiopharmaceutical for medical imaging purposes. Tc-99m sestamibi is well-known as a cardiac imaging agent. The solution is injected into arm or foot veins, and the product can be easily traced in patient’s body. This radiopharmaceutical is used only for diagnostic purposes. The MIBI radiopharmaceutical kit is used for imaging of heart functioning (myocardial perfusion scan), finding the possible breast abnormalities or overactivity of parathyroid glands.
- Add aseptically sterile and non-pyrogenic 99mTc (10 – 150 mCi) in app. 1 to 3 mL.
- Shake the contents of the vial for a few seconds.
- Place upright the vial in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes at the room temperature.
- The reconstituted solution is stable for 6 hrs.
- Store the kit 2 – 8 °C
- Store the reconstituted kit 15 – 25 °C