KIT FOR THE PREPARTION OF MEDRONATE (Sn) Tc-99m INJECTION
After labeling with Tc-99m, this kit is used to image the bones in the following cases:
- Diagnosis of lesions and abnormal bone growth
- Follow-up of bone metastases
- Detection of radiographically occult fractures
- Diagnosis of osteomyelitis (inflammation of the bone or bone marrow due to factors such as bacteria, fungi and viruses)
- Diagnosis of reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) (a type of regional pain syndrome that causes severe pain in the bone after an injury)
- Hip joint prosthesis: evaluation for infection or loosening
- Diagnosis of Paget disease
- Diagnosis of tumoral calcinosis (an inherited disorder in which there is calcium deposition around joints)
- Diagnosis of metastatic pulmonary calcination (MCP) (calcium deposition in normal lung tissue)
- l Injection sterile 99mTc(up to 300 mCi) aseptically into the vial in a volume of 2-5 mL.
- l Dissolve the lyophilized material by shaking the vial for 10 seconds and wait for 15 minutes.
- l Examine the radiochemical purity (RCP).
- l Labelled preparation is to be used within 6 hrs. Within this period the total RCP of
- 99mTc-MDP should be more than 95.0%.
- Store the kit 2 – 8 °C and protect from light
- Store the reconstituted kit 15 – 25 °C