KIT FOR THE PREPARATION OF 99mTc SULFURCOLLOID INJECTION
After labeling with Tc-99m, this radiopharmaceutical kit is mainly used as a diagnostic agent to provide liver and spleen scans.
Tc-99m-sulfurcolloid as a diagnostic radiopharmaceutical agent is used for diagnosis of parenchymal liver diseases and studies of hepatic space-occupying lesions (such as metastases).
Other applications of this radiopharmaceutical are as follows:
- encircling the lesion site for a melanoma study
- in the webs of the fingers and toes for a lymphatic mapping study
- Stomach emptying scan
- Gastrointestinal tract bleeding
- Evaluation of various conditions including lymph node metastases in breast cancer
- Imaging of reticuloendothelial cells to evaluate liver function
- Esophageal and gastrointestinal transit studies
(All steps should be in aseptic condition)
- Add 0.1 ml of hydrochloric acid solution (2-a) to the reaction vial.
- Add 10-100 mCi of freshly pertechnetate (99mTcO4) in 1-2 ml to the reaction vial.
- Heat 30 min in boiling water bath.
- Cool, add 1.3 ml of phosphate buffer solution (2-b) to reaction vial.
- The reconstituted solution is stable for 4 hrs.
- Stability of 99mTc – Sulfurcolloid 4 h
- Store the kit at 2 – 8 °C
- Store the reconstituted kit at 15 – 25 °C
You must be logged in to post a comment.